Wednesday, December 4, 2013

on writing

tonight, i originally started a post titled, "THAT kind of mood". i kept writing and erasing. this paragraph is as far as i got.

today was rough. i still feel, some days, like, "oh yah! *this* is what life with a baby was like." but not all days are this hard. i try to remind myself this. i try to offer my frustrations and annoyances up for people who are struggling with much bigger, heavier things. i keep my guardian angel busy finishing Hail Marys because i often get distracted after the first couple words or am too tired to finish them. i often fail. exhaustion colors my world dark very quickly.

i want to write here. i like to tell stories. i like to make people laugh. and sometimes it's a good outlet for my frustrations. or to hash out the rolling arounds of my brain. but man. to find that sweet spot of time and energy. so elusive. and like i said in that attempted post, exhaustion colors my world dark very quickly, so i'm trying to ween myself of computer late nights.

i always feel a little bit of relief when i find a blog that just drops off into time and no where. a few that i follow(ed) have closed up shop, even letting go of sponsors, because they needed to direct their energy elsewhere.

so i ask, when do you write? all at once, or in bits and pieces?

4 comments:

  1. This was exciting to find this evening!!! A Mary W. blog post! I am sure you have time somewhere to write more. Just do it for me. That's not a suggestion, its a demand.
    Also, I write all at once and in bits and pieces, it just depends if someone interrupts me or not. I don't write thought provoking things though, so I don't count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blurg, Luke ate my comment.
    Basically, ditto to what the "other" Mary said.
    I love when you write! Even if it is "just" random and quick off the tip of your brain.
    I write in bits and pieces usually. If I wrote a whole post/article in one setting it would be a miracle. ;)
    Usually it takes me anywhere from a day, or a week, or a few weeks, even months sometimes to get a whole post put together. Like with cooking, the more I do ahead of time, the easier it is to put it all together in the end.
    That said, I'm constantly struggling with finding balance between writing time and family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i write at work, all at once and when the bosses are not here. oh so sneaky i am.... but at home? yea, i'm pretty sure my laptop has never even been on my blog site because me and my precious 2-3 hrs of awake time at home just don't roll that way during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't write anymore either. Well, I don't write blog posts, that is. And I don't even have a baby as an excuse.

    ReplyDelete